Holy Family Altar Society, open to all women of the parish, was founded in 1933. To our knowledge, it is the oldest organization in the parish. We, the members, are in the Altar Society to create a greater interest in and to promote the welfare of our parish; we are here to help in any way we can.
What We Do:
For many years the Altar Society members, with much loving care, kept the altar spotlessly clean and ready for Mass. The parish custodial staff now provide the weekly cleaning, but the Altar Society still helps Holy Family Parish in many ways:
- Make donations for Easter and Christmas flowers for the altar.
- Provide and arrange altar flowers for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
- Clean weekly the candles used at the altar, by the altar servers and at the baptismal fountain.
- Purchase items for the church as requested by the priests, such as altar linens, purificators, vestments, altar server albs, Mass kit for vocations chalice, various nativity scenes and the Blessed Mother Grotto in the courtyard.
- Make donations to St. Vincent de Paul twice each year.
- Sponsor a booth at the Holy Family Fall Festival each October.
- Participate annually in the Festival of Ministries the last weekend in August.
Member benefits, particularly spiritual, for active and inactive members are many:
- A First Friday Mass each month offered for living and deceased members.
- Birthday and Get-Well cards sent to members.
- A meal furnished/served when member or immediate family member passes away.
- A Rosary recited before a deceased member’s funeral Mass, a Mass offered for deceased member and sympathy cards sent to deceased member’s family.
- Luncheon Christmas party held annually in December at a member’s home.
- Installation of officers luncheon banquet held annually in March at local restaurant.
Time & Training Required:
- Meets monthly on Thursday before First Friday of month, except summer June-August, at 3:00 pm in Centennial Room. Light refreshments served; meeting duration 1-1 ½ hours; Rosary recited afterwards.
- Two-member teams clean candles on Mondays after the 8:45 am Holy Mass.
- Open to all women of Holy Family parish.
- Adult ministers are required to complete the archdiocesan online Safe Environment Training for Adults.
Exhibit ability to work cooperatively and possess a desire that our worship space be well-appointed.
- Carolyn Moeckel, President & Historian
- Doretta Rychlik, Vice-President
- Mary Crochet, Secretary
- Jeanette Holloway, Treasurer
Would you like to learn more or are interested in joining/volunteering? Complete the form below and we will get back to you.