Art and Environment Committee
“You are…members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone. Through him the whole structure is held together and grows into a temple sacred in the Lord” (Ephesians 2)
We strive to enhance the beauty of the worship space, to create an atmosphere whereby the assembly may heighten their awareness of the purpose and mystery of God through the senses.
What We Do:
Committee members help prepare and decorate the Church for the various liturgical seasons using color, arrangements, and careful placement of decorations to highlight a feast, season, or particular celebration within the Liturgical Year. Come join us! We always welcome new members and have varied volunteer opportunities. Creativity and/or experience is a bonus, not a requirement!
Time & Training:
- This Committee meets seasonally, based on the liturgical year
- Orientation sessions for new members are scheduled as needed
- All members must complete the archdiocesan Safe Environment Training for Adults
- Flexible schedule during the various feasts, seasons, and particular celebrations within the liturgical year.
- Desire to create a beautiful environment to enhance liturgies
- Ability to lift and move decorations to/from storage areas
Would you like to learn more or are interested in joining/volunteering? Complete the form below and we will get back to you.