Black Catholic Ministry
The Black Catholic Ministry strives to encourage unity in our parish through worship, service, and cultural enlightenment.
What We Do:
- Support families in need during Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Host a College Education Day Program to educate youth from the parish and the local community on preparing for college
- Award scholarships to students for financial aid to take ACT or SAT exams
- Make donations to the church, such as the statue of the Holy Family titled “A Quiet Moment” which is displayed in the Centennial Room
- Sponsor the annual Black History Program whereby we celebrate and raise awareness of the African American culture
- Support and participate in the Holy Family Gospel Choir
- Sponsor a Zydeco Dance as a fundraiser for the Building Fund
- Support and participate in many other projects and functions that serve Holy Family parish and the community
Time & Training:
- Open to any adult parishioner who can serve our mission to encourage unity and cultural enlightenment, regardless of their ethnicity
- Attend group meetings held quarterly on the 3rd Saturday of the month
- Participate in various group activities
- All members must complete the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Training for Adults
Warm, friendly, and energetic with a desire to serve the church parish and the broader community.
|Contact||Gloria A. Reed|
Would you like to learn more or are interested in joining/volunteering? Complete the form below and we will get back to you.