We are a group of adult women parishioners committed to the ideals to which our name F.R.I.E.N.D.S. stands: Friends Really Interested and Eager in the Needs and Deeds of Sharing. We strive to fulfill our mission through the relationships we develop among our members.
What We Do:
- Support members with prayers and, during times of need such as surgery and/or illness, provide meals, transportation to doctors’ appointments, etc.
- Participate in an annual Lenten retreats
- Sponsor a Day of Reflection with a guest speaker annually in March
- Participate in various social activities throughout the year such as potluck lunches and brunches
- Participate in the parish’s annual Festival of Ministries held in the last weekend of August
- Sponsor a family annually in December to provide Christmas gifts of clothes, toys, gift cards to grocery stores and more
- Support Wellsprings Village by teaching life skills such as cooking, baking, housekeeping, crafts, etc. to women in need who are trying to rebuild their lives. One year our group organized a Boutique on the premises to help residents shop for clothes, accessories, and makeup that are much needed for job interviews.
Time and Training:
- Meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 10:30 am, September through May, in the homes of members for a few hours of prayer and fellowship
- Open to all adult women of the parish
- All members must complete the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Training for Adults
Interest in sharing the Catholic Faith and joining in fellowship with other women in the parish.
|Meeting||September||Potluck lunch and meeting|
|Meeting||October||Brunch and prayer meeting|
|Meeting||November||Brunch and prayer meeting|
|Meeting||December||Advent gathering and potluck lunch|
|Reflection and Mass||March||Day of Reflection & Mass- incl. Parish|
Would you like to learn more or are interested in joining/volunteering? Complete the form below and we will get back to you.