Golden Friendship Group
The Golden Friendship Group is committed to providing our seniors a welcoming, loving, and spiritual environment filled with relevant social, educational, and spiritual developmental opportunities.
What We Do:
Golden Friendship Group welcomes all person’s age 50+ for food, fun, and fellowship. We provide an opportunity for seniors to come together to:
- Share information and ideas
- Enhance spiritual development
- Provide service to each other and community
- Become aware of issues affecting seniors
- Keep abreast of educational opportunities
- Engage in social interaction
Time & Training Required:
Meets take place on the second Wednesday of the month at 9:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall.
- 9:30 a.m. – Table games and bingo.
- 11:30 a.m. – Opening prayer, business meeting, and a potluck meal.
In addition to the monthly meeting the Golden Friendship Group offers the following opportunities:
- Field trips/luncheons every third Wednesday of the month at 11:45 a.m. at various nearby restaurants (pay for your own meal).
- Guest speakers and field trips are throughout the year.
- Free low impact exercise sessions are open to all parishioners ages 50+. Sessions are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. in the Assembly Room except on holidays when the Parish Office is closed. No special equipment is required, but if you have an exercise stretch band, you are encouraged to bring it.
✔ As with all organizations, all member must complete the archdiocesan Safe Environment Training for Adults.
- Open to all seniors 50+.
- Adult ministers are required to complete the archdiocesan online Safe Environment Training for Adults.
Desire to share your Catholic Faith, ideas and fellowship with fellow parishioners.
Aging in Place Seminar: Wednesday, May 15, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at St. Cecilia Catholic Church in Houston. Registration is limited to 80 persons. For more information, click here.
- John Johnson and Gwen Reinke, Co-Presidents
- JoAnn Bowman, Treasurer
- Clara Lyons, Secretary
- Carole Updyke, Liaison with Parish Office
Would you like to learn more or are interested in joining/volunteering? Complete the form below and we will get back to you.