Respect for Life
Holy Family’s Respect for Life Ministry is committed to upholding the sanctity of each human life from conception to natural death. We seek to implement the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities. Our goal is to eliminate violence against pre-born children, their parents, and those who are dying.
What We Do:
We promote the sanctity of life by:
- Peacefully praying in front of abortion mills during Lent by joining the international 40 Days for Life movement
- Actively participating in the national Life Chain event, held yearly on the last Sunday of October
- Donating coins in bottles for the Women’s Pregnancy Center, a pro-life crisis pregnancy center, from Mother’s Day to Father’s Day during the Baby Bottle Bonanza
- Providing assistance to the Women’s Pregnancy Center in the form of baby items, maternity clothes, and monetary funds when available
- Praying the Holy Rosary with the Knights of Columbus for families and the pre-born on months which have a 5th Sunday
- Attending pro-life rallies in Washington, D.C. and Austin, Texas
Time & Training Required:
All members must complete the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Training for Adults.
If you have a passionate desire to protect and preserve all human life, our ministry needs your time, talent, and commitment.
Would you like to learn more or are interested in joining/volunteering? Complete the form below and we will get back to you.