The Samaritan Ministry is the very beautiful and compassionate funeral ministry of Holy Family Church. Serving as a link between the funeral home, the family and the staff, we are the shoulder that you can cry on. We are here to help ensure that the funeral Holy Mass and final goodbye for your loved one is a very special one.
What We Do:
- Perform corporal and spiritual works of mercy, most especially those of burying the dead, comforting the afflicted and praying for the living and the dead
- Assist families by coordinating and setting up the funeral Holy Mass for their deceased loved ones
- Prepare and then later restore the church, sanctuary, narthex, etc. before and after the funeral liturgy (sign-in tables, reserved signs, Kleenex, incense/censor, flowers, etc.)
- Greet, guide, and assist as necessary visiting priests and/or deacons, family members, funeral home representatives, readers, gift bearers, extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion and altar servers
- Assist at the funeral liturgy, when needed, as greeters, hostesses, cross bearer, lectors, gift bearers, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, and ushers
- Hand out medals blessed by our priests to family members
Time & Training:
- Due to the nature of this ministry, members must have flexible hours/availability, especially during the weekdays
- Verbal orientation with Coordinator and/or shadowing during funeral services
- All members must complete the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Training for Adults
A warm and inviting disposition, with an understanding of the grieving process.
- Olivia Peña, Coordinator
- Reyes Aguilar
- Terry Colley
- Joe Longoria
- Priscilla Reyes
- Doretta Rychlik
- George Thomas
- Thresiamma Thomas
Would you like to learn more or are interested in joining/volunteering? Complete the form below and we will get back to you.