Among the servants of God who comprise the membership of the Body of Christ, Ushers/Greetings are called to provide a very special service in their exercise of a true liturgical ministry. They are ministers of the Church and servants of the faith community in the highest moment of its self-realization when it gathers to celebrate the Holy Eucharist. As such, Ushers/Greeters are responsible for welcoming people to Church celebrations, especially Holy Mass on the weekends.
What We Do:
Showing the “One Faith, One Family” spirit of our parish, we create a welcoming environment to all those attending church celebrations so that they may worship comfortably and with reverence as follows:
- Greet and welcome parishioners and visitors to our church celebrations
- Provide assistance in finding seating
- Collect parishioners’ offerings and arrange to have them presented as offertory gifts
- Work to resolve issues and respond to incidents and emergencies that may develop while in church
- Assist the clergy and parishioners as needed
Time & Training:
- Weekly attendance at a weekend Holy Mass and other church celebrations as required
- Be trained in the Holy Family Church’s procedures and protocols, including offertories and incident management
- All members must complete the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Training for Adults
If you are an individual with a warm and friendly personality who interacts respectfully with people from all walks of life, then this is the ministry for you.
|Contacts||Arnulfo Zamora – English liturgies|
Juan Sanchez – Spanish liturgies
Would you like to learn more or are interested in joining/volunteering? Complete the form below and we will get back to you.