English Elementary Coordinator: Edna Martinez | 281-499-4612 ext. 330 | Edna.Martinez@holyfamilychurch.us
Spanish CCE Coordinator: Georgina Romero | 281-499-4612 ext. 304 |Georgina.Romero@holyfamilychurch.us
…but Jesus said, “Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14)
Program Format – What’s the set-up?
- English & Spanish tracks available
- Systematic catechesis is offered for all grade levels from Pre-kinder to 5th grade as per the curriculum implemented by the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
- Parents/Guardians gather in the Parish Hall to attend a corresponding session during the same time as the children are in class. (Child care for children younger than 3 years is also offered.)
- Held on two designated Sundays per month, we start by attending mass, then CCE classes occur immediately after mass.
- English: Attend 9am mass, afterwards proceed to class, class ends at 12:30pm
- Spanish: Attend 12:30pm mass, afterwards proceed to class, class ends at 5:00pm
Content – How will my child grow in faith?
- Our Christ-centered curriculum provided by the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston uses overarching themes (big ideas) and essential questions to help the learners make connections, grow in knowledge; and nurture their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We also adhere to the Catechetical Framework for Lifelong Faith Formation (CFLFF) as promulgated for the Archdiocese by Cardinal Di Nardo in August, 2013.
- Our children’s parents will always know what is being covered in the class because the simultaneous adult/parent session will be exploring the same topic as part of their agenda.
- English PreK – God made the World, Loyola Press.
- Spanish PreK – Allelu, Our Sunday Visitor.
- Kinder through 5th grade use the “Finding God” series from Loyola Press Publishers. This textbook series is approved by the Archdiocese and supports the CFLFF.
- Prayers by Heart – The Catholic Children’s Prayer Book (Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston), St. Mary’s Press.
Additional Elementary Activities
- Attend mass with class & catechist team.
- Vocation Awareness activities throughout the year.
- Circle of Grace – Annual lesson required by the Archdiocese.
- Family Activity with parents during CCE session in the Fall.
Family CCE Program Calendars
- English (Link to PDF File: FAM-SUN-Eng-1819-v1.pdf)
Who is teaching my child?
- You are! The parents are the primary catechists.
- We are here to partner with you and support your efforts by providing a team of ministry servants who have met all the volunteer requirements in addition to taking time to work towards achieving catechist certification just so that they can have the privilege of sharing the catholic faith with your child.