CCE at Holy Family involves the ENTIRE family and is based on the premise that we seek lifelong growth in our faith to embrace it and live it. This holistic approach in supporting the entire family in their faith formation is designed so the parents/adult session can also examine the same essential question being explored by the children and adolescents in their sessions. Additionally, we have a few sessions in which the children and parents come together as a family for an activity based on an event of the liturgical calendar (typically for Advent & Lent).
- English and Spanish tracks are available.
- Systematic catachesis is offered for all grade levels from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade while the adults attend their corresponding session. (Child care for children younger than three years is also offered.)
- Held on two designated Sundays per month, families and children start by attending mass. Then CCE classes occur immediately after mass.
- English: Attend 9:00 a.m. Mass; afterwards proceed to class. Class ends at 12:30 p.m.
- Spanish: Attend 12:30 p.m. Mass; afterwards proceed to class. Class ends at 5:00 p.m.
- The Christ-centered curriculum uses essential questions to help learners make connections, grow in knowledge and nurture their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Additionally, the CCE team imparts the required annual Circle of Grace lessons.